Boating, fishing and relaxing are some of America's most favorite pastimes. But as America has developed, so has the way that people enjoy their time on the water. What used to be rowing, or sailing, now is motoring around waterways. What most boaters have in common is that they love to have the latest and greatest technology that affords them complete control and knowledge of their surroundings while on the water.
The problem is that many of these tech-hungry seafarers simply do not know where to start when it comes to purchasing new equipment, and what new developments are worthy of purchase.
Fortunately, each year Boating Industry puts out a comprehensive list of items that they deem to be the 'Top Products.' This year's list compiles technology from computer software, to onboard cleaning supplies and everything in between. According to the list, each product was chosen based on a number of factors, including impact to the industry, innovation and how they advance their category – or create new categories.
If you are looking to purchase some of the best new innovations in marine equipment, here are a few ideas:
- Engine - The Volvo Penta D11 series is a new line of diesel engines offered by the notorious car company in conjunction with their marine-focused partner company. This series is offered in three power classes and offer consumers more powerful torque, increased ease of driveability and quieter noise emission than other models.
- Floors - Often overlooked as a key aesthetic element, floors are an important aspect for functionality and looks. Make sure they look their best by leveling and sealing them. With Interlux Interior Floor system, Boating Industry suggests that you will not need floating wood floors or self-leveling products anymore. You can even walk on this in the same day you apply it, which makes this an easy weekend project.
- Outboards - This list generated a lot of talk about different engine options that consumers had for their boats. Included by Boating Industry was the Yamaha F115 Outboard, for its power, lightness and compact build. The list also included two Suzuki models that are the lightest in their respective classes, which makes them great options for smaller vessels whose skippers are looking for increased maneuverability on the water.
- Quick Fixes – The only product to make the list in this category is called MagicEzy. According to Boating Industry, the "structural-grade nano-binder and sealant that seals and colors hairline damage in one application without the need to perform any pre-repair sanding or grinding. The low-viscosity solution enables it to penetrate deeply throughout the entire hairline crack and not only seal it, but also strongly bond the surfaces together."
- Vessel Tech – One of the coolest bits of technology that was recognized on this list was the Scout/Garmin/Mastervolt integrated vessel technology. The three companies have collaborated and come together to create an onboard system that integrates all the necessary components to operate a safe and efficient boat. Perfect for a professional boater, this software allows for complete control over circuits and systems through touch-screen technology. It allows for complete control over boat lighting and bait levels for fishermen.
Many of these products are new on the market this year and have revolutionized the world of boating. Industry leaders work to make your experience on the water better with each new development. If you are interested in investing in new products, or you have questions about any of those listed above, visit ShopEpal.com. We are happy to assist you in getting top-of-the-line products that will make relaxing, fishing and enjoying time on the water even easier.